This past July, two long-serving couples in our parish achieved significant personal milestones.
Tom & Stella Lewko
This loving couple (pictured above) were married on July 14, 1951 at a Greek Orthodox church in Edmonton. That makes them married now for over 68 years!
While living in Hinton in 1957, they joined the Anglican church there. In 2002, they moved to Stony Plain and have been loyal members of our parish ever since!
Stella has been an ACW member since 1957. Tom belongs to our men’s group (MoSA) and you often find him in the kitchen, cooking breakfast for the men. He also is quite good with a needle, making many of the costumes used by the children each year for the Christmas Pageant.
Bill & Judy Kesanko
This inseparable pair were married in Winnipeg at St. Andrew’s Anglican Church on July 5, 1969. That makes them connected now for over 50 years! On July 14, 2019, they renewed their vows in front of the congregation with Rev. Billy officiating. After the service, a 50th anniversary celebration cake was enjoyed by all.
Bill and Judy have been members of our congregation since 1980 when they first began attending our mission church in Stony Plain. Judy has been on vestry and served as a warden. Bill built our altar, lectern and two tables for the altar area. Both lifelong professional teachers, Judy has also served on the local school board and Bill was a City of Spruce Grove alderman for many years.